Students may apply to the LSAMP program to become either Participants or Research Scholars:
We recommend that if you are entering the program for the very first time and have no prior research experience that you apply as a Participant. Participants are eligible to reap many of the benefits of the program, but do not receive funding for actively engaging in research. We accept Participant applications year round.
Research Scholars are those individuals who are actively engaged in research and are being funded for their research experience. We accept applications for Research Scholars twice a year (during the summer and winter breaks).
The same application is used for both Participants and Research Scholars.
the following additional material should be submitted with this application:
- Financial aid statement (can be from Titan online) and/or EOP eligibility information, if applicable.
- A copy of Social Security Card and identification, submitted to our mailbox in MH-166. Due to confidentiality reasons, we are unable to accept an electronic copy.
- A recent copy of your unofficial transcripts.
- IF APPLYING AS A RESEARCH SCHOLAR: A letter of support from a faculty member or research mentor at CSUF. Letters of support must be submitted in a sealed envelope. Alternatively faculty mentors may email the letter directly to LSAMP@fullerton.edu. The letter of support is only required for Research Scholar Applicants. For those individuals who are requesting a letter from their faculty research mentor, please feel free to provide him or her with the Letter Writer Guide .
Submitting your application:
- Completed applications may be emailed to LSAMP@fullerton.edu or submitted to our mailbox in MH-166.
- Due to confidentiality concerns, we are unable to accept electronic copies of social security cards and identification, so these should be submitted to our mailbox or in person to the LSAMP staff.
Upon Acceptance into the program, you will be required to submit the following:
- Signed expectations and requirements form.